As the "month of love" draws to a close, I do wonder to myself if I have learnt anything. Love is a complex thing, it is a choice. We can opt in or opt out. It's easy to do either, but it seems like we have a problem remaining in either camp.
Choosing to love is probably one of the easiest decisions we can make as humans. We are personable people and want the company of others. But being in love or showing love to others requires sacrifices, and we are selfish.
Over the past few months, I have learnt just how much of a selfish being I am. I thought that I was perfect.... well close enough anyways. How WRONG I was. Living with another being and spending all your time together makes you realise just how much you enjoy your own space. I know, earlier I said that we want the company of others, and that is true, no one wants to be alone. But it seems as though as soon as we get that, or rather too much of that, we want to push back, we feel threatened.
I am learning the lessons of being a better person every day. But I am having problems with the implementation process. That would mean, changing myself and admitting that I am wrong and have been for a while. I need a lot more courage and faith. God says that we have nothing to fear, and as sure I am about the truth of that fact, it is extremely hard to live it out.
What have you learnt this month?
Choosing to love is probably one of the easiest decisions we can make as humans. We are personable people and want the company of others. But being in love or showing love to others requires sacrifices, and we are selfish.
Over the past few months, I have learnt just how much of a selfish being I am. I thought that I was perfect.... well close enough anyways. How WRONG I was. Living with another being and spending all your time together makes you realise just how much you enjoy your own space. I know, earlier I said that we want the company of others, and that is true, no one wants to be alone. But it seems as though as soon as we get that, or rather too much of that, we want to push back, we feel threatened.
I am learning the lessons of being a better person every day. But I am having problems with the implementation process. That would mean, changing myself and admitting that I am wrong and have been for a while. I need a lot more courage and faith. God says that we have nothing to fear, and as sure I am about the truth of that fact, it is extremely hard to live it out.
What have you learnt this month?
No comments:
Post a Comment