I haven't done one of these in a while!
For my birthday, my lovely husband decided to treat me to the delights of Shakka Zulu, located in the heart of Camden. Quite fitting to its geographical location, the interiors of the restaurant transport you into another world - a sort of mythical African palace. The walls are ornately decorated with carvings of figurerines stretching across both floors. No detail has gone amiss. Even the furniture screams African King or Queen.
For me the food is lovely, but not worth the price. I have visited it twice and on both occasions had a fish dish. The first was a coconut infused dish served with some piri piri chips and on the second was a half lobster (as they they had run out of the lamb dish that I originally wanted). Both dishes were delightful; light and full of flavour. The lobster was even better than the one we had whilst honeymooning in Mauritius. It was so good in fact that I wished they had given me some pincers so I could have extracted all that juicy meat.
A starter costs around £10.00 and main meals are on average around £25.00. Definitely not for your everyday meal.
I would definitely recommend it however, even if it is just to see the surroundings. They also have a bar on the top floor where they serve light nibbles and after 9pm it turns into a club. If you are lucky, you might get treated to a pup-petted safari show.
Look out for special offers at Groupon.
For my birthday, my lovely husband decided to treat me to the delights of Shakka Zulu, located in the heart of Camden. Quite fitting to its geographical location, the interiors of the restaurant transport you into another world - a sort of mythical African palace. The walls are ornately decorated with carvings of figurerines stretching across both floors. No detail has gone amiss. Even the furniture screams African King or Queen.
For me the food is lovely, but not worth the price. I have visited it twice and on both occasions had a fish dish. The first was a coconut infused dish served with some piri piri chips and on the second was a half lobster (as they they had run out of the lamb dish that I originally wanted). Both dishes were delightful; light and full of flavour. The lobster was even better than the one we had whilst honeymooning in Mauritius. It was so good in fact that I wished they had given me some pincers so I could have extracted all that juicy meat.
A starter costs around £10.00 and main meals are on average around £25.00. Definitely not for your everyday meal.
I would definitely recommend it however, even if it is just to see the surroundings. They also have a bar on the top floor where they serve light nibbles and after 9pm it turns into a club. If you are lucky, you might get treated to a pup-petted safari show.
Look out for special offers at Groupon.
No comments:
Post a Comment